Thursday, March 20, 2008

My front yard... going off!!!


Look what I woke up to this morning... the beach in my front yard was going off on the second day of the North swell hitting the island right now. It is the largest swell in a decade and has been nothing short of spectacular. On this morning, the waves were a bit cleaner than yesterday, and about 6 guys, including pro surfing brothers Graves and Toth went out in the water. They paddled into waves with about 20 foot faces, at least triple overhead. Freaking amazing. These pictures, and my crappy zoom, really can not do it justice, although I want to thank my landlord for letting me snap them from the roof of the house.

Tupi Cabrera, some photographers and videographers check out the scene before a larger crowd began to gather.

Zoom in on this, and you'll see one surfer paddling for the wave as another two bob over the top and to safety before it breaks.

Make sure to click on this photo to enlarge it, and then magnify in on the surfer riding the wave, you can then appreciate some of the size.

If you magnify on this one, you'll see a guy dropping in on a wave, unfortunately, the electrical line seems to block a better view of him.

No comments: