Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting settled in the Barrio


First of all, due to popular demand I have changed my blog colors to a bright new happy background from the former black industrial/goth theme I had before. Not too much new going on here, but I did want to post a few more pics. This morning I finally made it out to do some surfing. I hit Marias beach in Rincon which is on the west coast and was still getting a little bit of leftover swell and wasn't too blown out by the steady Northeasterly tradewinds. I have been having quite a bit of pain due to a rotator cuff injury I sustained, so although the waves were a bit smaller than the first couple days here ie about chest to shoulder high, I was still a bit trepidacious going in there. The paddle out wasnt too bad, but duckdiving - the technique used to go underneath oncoming waves, requires a pushup kind of motion which proved somewhat painful. I was able to catch a few decent rides though, nothing epic, but at least a good taste of the riches Puerto Rico has to offer. I was a bit sore afterwards but am optimistic and hopeful that my rotator cuff will continue to heal. To further that healing, I abstained from going out for an afternoon session.


So here's a picture of the balcony of the house where I am staying, where my landlords Eloy and Gladys live above me. My pad is right where the window A/C unit is and the front door is behind those palm-esque foliage.


This is the new ride, if I was staying longer I would consider painting it bright Yellow to help blend in with the locals.



This is the tiny little kitty that lives on the property here too, he's really cute. I think my thumb may be almost as big as his head.

No comments: